Music is a language and an art that has been appreciated by mankind for all ages. This universal language has been constantly evolving. With the growth of recorded music, people have the technology to enjoy music more than at any time in history. Thru out the ages there were lots of different technologies necessary to communicate using music. The technologies to make instruments and record them is much older than today’s very prevalent digital technologies. We also have made great advances in the way to listen to music. I hope to preserve some uses of the this beautiful language made in the past by talented musicians on the cutting edge of the new recording technologies (Recordings) and the cutting edge of a new musical school of expression (Jazz/Blues.) I’ve spent some time filtering and trying to make this early music accessible to the modern listening breakthroughs.
I’m trying to preserve examples of the “human” interaction in music.
There is a joy of collaboration that several musicians create by playing together.
Music can be created by any number of musicians, or even one person compiling the music created by others.
This site is devoted to posting examples of music created by the human musicians.
- I appreciate the many technologies that have improved in the recording of music.
- These technologies are allowing for MORE music intelligence.
- I want to ADD some music intelligence from the past.
- These musicians of the past had to use their music instruments/intelligences in different ways.
- There was one microphone, mono recording, one take, NO REDOs.